1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

*****Back Blade vs. Front Scraper*****

Discussion in 'SnowMan SnowPlows' started by HGT INC., Dec 27, 2009.

1. HGT INC.

HGT INC. Senior Member
    from MI.

This is a repeat of a similar post that I have made. Make a long story short, I have been looking to purchase a back blade for the last two weeks and counting. The main problem is that the more I research them the more I become confused. On the web i have looked at the Ebling, Daniels, B&B, a plow that is made in a fab. shop in Muskegon, Snowman, Superplow, Backdragblade (attached to your front blade). I'm looking for input, I know most everything has good and bad points, but please feel free to chime in. In addition, I'm open to purchase a used unit. I would be willing to drive to pick it up within reason. Thanks everyone.
  2. creativedesigns

creativedesigns PlowSite.com Addict

Theres a jolly member on Plowsite that really supports the value of Ebling backblades. He's already created a few threads regarding the product. I suggest that you buy Ebling blades, even tho they cost more, it'd be worth the investment! He's got a sidekick to testify~ LOL tymusic
  3. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

LOL, im the sidekick and I'll say buy an Ebling and you wount be disappointed... Me and Dave seen those other blades when we went to pick up our eblings... And to tell you the honest truth... Me and him told each other we would have been pretty disappoined if we were picking up those other back blades... after seeing our Eblings the others dont even come close to the final quality, fit and finish and stregnth... JD can get you pricing and set you up...

Front scraper has nothing to do with a back blade... Thats comparing apples to oranges
  4. fordboy

fordboy Senior Member

whats the average price of a ebling?
  5. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

$6095 taxes included for a 16 ft. A Snowhogg hydro wing is actually more money. Daniel's make a great back drag blade and if you don't want hydraulic wings it's on par with Eblings nonhyrdaulic wing blade on quality and price. The Superplow is a great plow for your own driveway. I have never seen a Snowman before but Camden has one and I know for sure he'll be buying an Ebling next. Remember Ebling has parallel lift, so it's much easier backing backing up close to cars and buildings. B and B's backblades are about the same price as Eblings and like Chad said they don't compare. I'm giving you my honest opinion. Good Luck with whatever you decide.:drinkup:
  6. ProSeasons

ProSeasons Senior Member

I own the SnowMan RS-80 Contractor model and can add some feedback from that unit.

Buy the Ebling. Nothing else is even close.
  7. HGT INC.

HGT INC. Senior Member
    from MI.