1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Back Blade Questions

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by blackjack219, Dec 12, 2009.

1. blackjack219

blackjack219 Member

I have a 8' straight blade i was wondering if it is worth it to put one on, if anyone has any pics or comments would be great
    thanks in advance

2. ScottPA

ScottPA Senior Member
    from PA

Depends.. do you plow alot of tight spots...if so you should probably get one.

3. blackjack219

blackjack219 Member

yeah, especially this year

4. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Are you talking about getting a back blade on the bacl of your truck? Or a back drag blade for your straight blade.

5. johnslawn

johnslawn Member
    from ma

I put on a hinged back drag blade this year. been out with it twice. worth the $ $. I do resi drives only. so far saving me time, not back dragging over and over the same spot.

also doing a better job of scraping. sorry no pics.

6. blackjack219

blackjack219 Member

Sorry, a back blade for my straight blade

7. blackjack219

blackjack219 Member

where did you order it from and if you don't mind how much??

8. johnslawn

johnslawn Member
    from ma

I had a local welder make it for me. $300. Money well spent because he is as bad as I am. wants it done right.

9. blackjack219

blackjack219 Member

Thanks, I'm gonna call my boss guy tomarrow morning

10. johnslawn

johnslawn Member
    from ma

Also, He said next one he builds he would use a type of steel, ( think he called it ? A R) This metal can be folded over and will not crease but spring back to original shape. More $$ tho.