1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Back blade hydraulics?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by kcplowman, Oct 1, 2010.

1. kcplowman

kcplowman Member

I am currently building a back blade for my plow truck and I have found several different pumps and solenoids. Can someone recommend a pump and solenoids to me. I don't want to buy a pump and have it turn out to be unreliable and same with the solenoids. What brand do guys recommend and where should I get it. I was looking at a pump and solenoids in northern tool but im a little bit worried about their quality has annyone used these. Thanks
  2. choniglandscape

choniglandscape Junior Member

I have a Daniels setup never had an issue, prob could order just pump if necessary.
  3. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

Daniels uses Monarch pumps, at least that's what mine is. Never had a problem with the pumps.
  4. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

the northern ones work just fine
  5. elite1msmith

elite1msmith 2000 Club Member
    from chicago

I would add a float mode while your doing it
  6. plowatnight

plowatnight Senior Member
    from Mn

we had a plow with the Haldex setup from Northern, had alot of trouble with the angle locking up. This never happened with the raise/float however, and we had a lot of hrs on this unit. I just bought a monarch on EBAY from surplus center. They are VERY reasonable priced.