1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Back blade for an ATV?

Discussion in 'ATV / UTV Snow Removal' started by Makndust, Oct 9, 2008.

1. Makndust

Makndust Senior Member

I have a friend that is taking over a bunch of ATV accounts in town. He was wondering about a Back Blade for his ATV. Anyone have one or seen one?

2. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

EaTmYtAiLpIpEs 2000 Club Member

I am going to fab up a 3 point hitch for my quad for something like that. I will let you know how it turns out.

3. Reb

Reb Senior Member
    from Wyoming

I know Cycle Country and Kolpin have 3 point systems for ATV's but I'm not sure if there are others. A few years ago I was looking at the different ones for doing some yard work but couldn't find what I needed so I built one.
    [​IMG]
    As part of the rake shown is a fold down blade. I also have several other implements that will fit this system.

4. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

EaTmYtAiLpIpEs 2000 Club Member

I am going to make one for a york rake and a back blade. But I am thinking something like winch on the back rack and making brackets off the rear hitch for holders for the stubs.

5. Makndust

Makndust Senior Member

I'm suprised that some manufacturer hasn't mass produced these things. I could see a big market for them

6. Louiso

Louiso Senior Member

yeah i coulld too...i would buy one!!!

7. hansons glc

hansons glc Member
    from mn

What is the point? I'm not trying to be a ass. I just dont see a point. Do you guys do a lot of pulling snow away from garage doors or something?

8. born2farm

born2farm 2000 Club Member

I really wish someone would mass produce one. Quad blades are not heavy enough to backdrag. I am not sure if you can get a back blade that will scrape good with out down pressure though. Down pressure is one of the bigges reasons why I am thinking about switching to a large 4x4 mower/small tractor. Doing a lot of work in small housing developments and commercial sidewalks, a back blade would be the cats a$$ for backing up to garage doors etc,

9. Louiso

Louiso Senior Member

yeah you can some are like 200lbs.i dont really know why quad plows cant back drag. i mean when going forward it kicks ass but bacwards doesnt do anything.

plus if you put an lift on the back it would have down force!!

i want one!

10. sublime68charge

sublime68charge PlowSite.com Addict

have you thought about the Mibar system?
    http://www.mibarproducts.com/
    I have run one now for 3 years. Back Drag's ok, Most often I have to backdrag a area 2 times but its still way better than shoveling out by hand.

just my thoughts.

sublime out

11. noooooo

noooooo Member

What about fabricating up a back drag blade on the back of your front mount blade. You would still probably need downforce though.

12. DJC

DJC Senior Member

I have seen them before and it may have been in Northern tool ?? I will have to try and remember for you guys !!

13. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

14. born2farm

born2farm 2000 Club Member

I have looked into a system like the Mibar but my biggest complaint is that I dont like electric all that well. Plus if I am going to be sitting on this thing all day I would like to have a cab as well as power angle. I run a quad now and dont get me wrong it is awsome for the work I do and gets around a lot better then a truck...however I am thinking that I will be able to open up more opertunity with a small tractor.

http://www.fastline.com/v100/details.aspx?g=d5da6311-041f-4c36-8fd3-3668436440bb

With a tractor like the one posted above, I would have the loader when snow relocation was needed, a blade on the front for everyday plowing, a rear blade for everyday plowing, a snow blower attachment if the work was there and could add more attatchemts like a broom etc. I would still have to buy a cab and would probably have close to 15,000 in a rig like this, but I am thinking it would outpreform a quad in most cercumstances. The only thing a quad would have over this rig would be transport speed and 99% of the time I am either plowing in a tight neighborhood, or the machine would need to be trailer anyways....sorry to hijack this thread, I am dont now :gunsfiring:

15. Reb

Reb Senior Member
    from Wyoming

This is how I built mine. I can swap out implements with this setup. So far I have a back blade, rake, box scraper and S tines.
    [​IMG]

16. skywagon

skywagon Senior Member

:D http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii60/skywagon12/100_0006-3.jpg http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii60/skywagon12/IMG_0687.jpg

Cannot beat the tractor for large snows and the comfort of the heated cab, for smaller snows the Rhino and Rancher are great!

Last edited: Feb 13, 2010
  17. JMS

JMS Member

I had my welder fabricate one for my moose plow, I just had him make one identical to the one on the truck, it works perfectly, only problem is it adds more weight. Only cost me $200.

18. noooooo

noooooo Member

fd8215 can you post some pics?

19. JMS

JMS Member

will do

John

20. sublime68charge

sublime68charge PlowSite.com Addict

I would also like the pics of how you did this for the moose blade.

its on my project list along with many other things. LOL

thanks
    sublime out.