1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

back blade for a fisher XLS plow

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by nassa, Oct 12, 2008.

1. nassa

nassa Junior Member

Has any one try making a back blade for the fisher xls plow, just thinking about making one, I had ones before on fisher straight blades, just trying to get different ideas.

2. creativedesigns

creativedesigns PlowSite.com Addict

The xls plows are 1000 pounds! I have those plows, they're heavy enough NOT to need a back blade on them. JMO.

3. Big Dog D

Big Dog D PlowSite.com Addict

I have the XLS and don't think you would need one. As has been said it's heavier than hell and with the increased attack angle you won't need it. If you wanted to put one on anyway I think it would be tough to do given the way it's built to accept the slide boxes and accomodate the trip edge too.

4. nassa

nassa Junior Member

Thanks for the info guys. My concern is when i back plow the bay shipping doors for the commercial places, they like it clean as possible so the trailers don't get stuck, because there on a slight down grade.