1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

back blade edge for xtreme v

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by t608, Sep 17, 2011.

1. t608

t608 Junior Member
    from RI

Any one use the xtreme back drag edge? Wondering how well it works before I buy it.

2. salt dogg

salt dogg Senior Member
    from Boston

i run a 9.5V and it back drags pretty good without it. i don't do it often but when i do it seems fine.
  3. t608

t608 Junior Member
    from RI

I have the 9.6 xtreme plow. Mine does a pretty good too however I was looking to have the same scrap you would have as pushing the snow forward.
  4. bigbadbrad

bigbadbrad Senior Member

I got one on mine, works good, but i would not buy another one, the blade angle on these plows back drag good without it, and the steel it not that thick, only maybe 1/4" thick, i have bent mine allready
  5. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

Had one on my 8.6 and ended up taking them back. I had a Backdrag edge prototype after that, that did better but still thought it would do better. In all fairness to Backdrage Edge this was a prototype and I'm sure they're better now, mine had to have an additional piece welded on the bottom to match up with my cutting edge but the metal was very thin, maybe 3/16 so it didn't last too long.
  6. bigdeezle442

bigdeezle442 Junior Member

I have one also. I would agree with bigbadbrad. Not sure I would spend the money again. I don't do driveways so backdragging isnt a big deal for me