1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Back blacks? Pro Plus?

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Dieselman19, Feb 25, 2006.

1. Dieselman19

Dieselman19 Senior Member

Me and my buddy have been making back blades for our plows for years and we were thinking of selling them and i wanted to know if you guys thought there may be a market for them? We just came up with a design for the new Western Pro Plus that simply bolts on and requires no welding our cutting of the plow and it works GREAT ! We also have made ones that hinge but they do require welding, so selling those i think may be harder. Im sure if there was a demand we could come up with a bolt on design for other makes of plows. Please any imput would be apprecaited

Thanks
    Bob

2. ICindrich

ICindrich Senior Member

unfortunatly for you, western just started marketing there own back drag blade and it is pretty cheap...

3. Dieselman19

Dieselman19 Senior Member

yes i understand western does make one but it is poor design and doesnt work, ours does, and it works GREAT !

4. backdragon

backdragon Junior Member

backblade

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 28, 2006
  5. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

I don't see how the plow pivots from one to the other?

Mines on a hinge so when you push forward the blade drops down onto the factory cutting edge, but when you reverse it pops up onto the backblade.

6. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

Bob, Your best bet is to get in with Cyncon, Thru-way, anyone that installs plows. Offer them a cut of the action in return for customers.

I had mine installed ($270ish) by someone doing sub work for Thru-way, and Cyncon just gives you the name of someone.

backdrag_montage.jpg

7. kemmer

kemmer Senior Member
    from NJ

do you have any pictures? do they just bolt on or do you have to weld? can they fit pro blades to?

8. Kosty

Kosty Member

hey bob. Bodaks sells them for 300 installed. I saw u over thier like 3 weeks ago. but i couldnt remeber who u where till u left. hey im me on aol some time.