1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Back arrow does not work?

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by dieseld, Aug 26, 2009.

1. dieseld

dieseld Senior Member
    from 90210

Can anyone explain why I cannot arrow back when looking through this site? It eventually works but by the time it does I am back two or three pages too far. Huge pain in the ass and I do not have a problem on any other forums so I do not think it is my computer.

2. horsepowerlawns

horsepowerlawns Member

Mine does the same thing. Lawn Site does not do this.
    I don't like comming here now.:(
    When I put my arrow over the back button it will say something about google part of the time, so I would bet that google adds are messing it up.
    Some times I have to hit the back button 5-10 time before it will go back & then it may take me back 1 page or 5 pages.

3. dieseld

dieseld Senior Member
    from 90210

Exactly! What amazes me is that you are the first person to respond to me in 5 days. Nobody from Plowsite has offered anything.

4. dieseld

dieseld Senior Member
    from 90210

Hello? Anyone? Is this the support section? If I write F- bombs all over this post will they be deleted before I get any staff acvice here?

5. Dubliner

Dubliner Senior Member

My back arrow works just fine!:D

6. Michael J. Donovan

Michael J. Donovan Head Moderator, Online Communities Staff Member

I am not having any problems with the back arrow...in any threads, forums, etc.

I can double check and let you know if there is any problem on our end

thanks

7. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Mine's been doing it too. Have to hit it a few times or arrow down and click on what should be the previous page. It looks to be a clingon called: googleads.g.doubleclick.net/page

I deleted cookies and temp files and it still does it.

If anyone knows how to get rid of this please let us know!

Last edited: Aug 30, 2009
  8. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Just did a little searching, ironically through Google. It looks to be spyware, namely for advertizing, but not really dangerous. Sure is a PIA, and I'd really like to get rid of it thats for sure!!!!!!

9. Nestech

Nestech Senior Member

Same goes here, Lawnsite works fine.

10. dieseld

dieseld Senior Member
    from 90210

Thanks for the replies. It drives me nuts. I do not have the problem on any other sites either. I go on plowsite and Dieselplace everyday and it takes forever to get through this site with out the back arrow working properly.

11. dieseld

dieseld Senior Member
    from 90210

To the top

12. vmj

vmj Senior Member
    from conn

it's happening with mine to for a while now.... thought it was my computer....

13. snowbankr

snowbankr Member

I have been having the same problem....my computer crashed, had it rebuilt, new hard drive, came back online, found that Plowsite was not working properly, REAMED out the nerd who worked on the computer, then did some looking around here and found that others were having the same issue. Mine loads 3-4 pages of ???? then the message in the forum. When I click the back green arrow, I can hear through the speakers, pages clicking off.....really annoying. Guess I need to apologize to the nerd now.

14. AC2717

AC2717 Senior Member

same with me, it started about a month ago for me, drives me nuts, Only does it on work computer though, not my laptop at home

15. Michael J. Donovan

for those of you having problems, what browser are you using?

16. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

It must be the windows users cause I have no problems on my mac/safari

17. AC2717

AC2717 Senior Member

Windows XP professional, at home I have Windows XP home
    But for browser, I have is internet Explorer, but a never updated version at home, where the problem does not happen I have been looking to upgrade versions here at work, but not my decision

18. Michael J. Donovan

ok, it may be your browser then...like stroker said, it does not happen for me and I use either IE 8 or Firefox

19. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

I've been using Windows XP, and I've logged on with IE forever and never had the problem. It ONLY statred when my wife loaded up Mcaffe security. Ever since this thing's all screwed up.

20. AC2717

AC2717 Senior Member

McAfee is what my work has for virus software