1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Baby Western on ATV.. PICS!

Discussion in 'ATV / UTV Snow Removal' started by Holland, Oct 6, 2013.

1. Holland

Holland Senior Member

Sneak peak!

[​IMG]

Newest project was to put a plow on the old Polaris I fixed up. Decided to take a different route! I've got an Ultramount on the truck and figured why not have one on the fourwheeler haha. Its not technically an Ultramount setup, but I made a smaller version of the lighttower. Took this pic before I took it back apart for final welding and paint. Glad to say its all painted and will be assembled and finished this week!

2. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

Where is the Like button

3. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

That looks like a pretty sweet set up. I can't wait to see it all painted up. If you want, you can build me one for my Arctic Cat and paint it black and yellow so it matches my Fisher. Thumbs Up

4. xgiovannix12

xgiovannix12 PlowSite.com Addict

Nice Id like to see pictures of it when its done :D

5. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

That's cute!!

6. durafish

durafish PlowSite.com Addict
    from 02919

More pics! Gotta be the coolest atv out there.

7. xgiovannix12

man I can picture that thing with nighthawks :p

8. Holland

Holland Senior Member

Actually spent more time on it tonight and got all the vehicle side wiring complete. I'll have some more pictures tomorrow after work! And sorry, no nighthawks lol

9. BC Handyman

BC Handyman PlowSite.com Addict

darn, I liked the nighthawk idea, light her up!!!!

10. xgiovannix12

Pricey If you ask me.. IM sure he can make some regular plow lights tho :cool:

11. Holland

Holland Senior Member

Headed home with a little truckload of parts! If I don't get pics up tonight expect them in the morning! :D

12. Holland

Holland Senior Member

Here you go! Few pictures, and I have a video but cant get a photobucket one to work.. Couple of the wiring clamps cant be mounted until I remove the mount. Connections between plow and fourwheeler are just a simple 4 pin trailer plug. And if your wondering about the current draw for the lift, the wiring coming out of the lift motor is no bigger than the wires in the plug. That's the beauty of these little actuators, low draw, plenty strong, and fast!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. durafish

from 02919

Have a link for the lift? How's it connect to the atv? Looks great.

14. Holland

Holland Senior Member

The actuator is made by warner electric. Mine has a 4 inch stroke. I dont have a link, ive just aquired the ones i have over the years. Everything mounts to the lift frame and that bolts to the fourwheeler frame at the front tow points and brushguard.

15. xgiovannix12

Nice job I think the lights look great. You should add little orange markers on the sides of them :D

16. Holland

Holland Senior Member

Walmart special! Haha. Finally got dark so they are adjusted now. Plow lights are separate from fourwheeler lights so i can run any combination i like! :D

17. Holland

Holland Senior Member

18. xgiovannix12

Works good

19. durafish

from 02919

I like it a lot have any pics of it off the atv?

20. Holland

Holland Senior Member

Not yet. I do repairs on the side after work and im swamped in the shop the rest of this week. When I get time to take it off i'll snap you a few pictures. Thumbs Up