1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

B4 i go on ebay for wheels..

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by spongebob, Nov 29, 2005.

1. spongebob

spongebob Senior Member

anything i need to know about wheels for my new yet delivered 06
    1 ton 4X4?? (chevy)

my truck will come with thos ucky painted steel wheels..
  2. NEPSJay

NEPSJay Senior Member

i got a set of wheels from "BTI wheels" on ebay for my 2500hd... they are great people and sell great products. He's the guy to buy from if your lookin for brand new aluminum take offs. I got everything...wheels centercaps and lugs for 375+80 for shipping. he also has sets for around 300 i think but they got miles and wear on them. they might not have them listed when you look but keep watchin his auctions cause he changes his stuff quite a bit... Hope this helps....
  3. spongebob

spongebob Senior Member

thxs nepsjay..ill look for him..
  4. Yaz

Yaz PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

Is it dual rear wheels?

If not, all the GM Aluminum 8 Lugs from 99s new body 3/4 Ton will fit. Even the 17" Hummers.
  5. spongebob

spongebob Senior Member

Ok, im looking at some hummer wheels, their 16X8.5 instead of the oem 16X6.5...any thoughts?? anyone know if the off set is the same?

i cant stand seeing tires running way outside the fenders..like a skate board..
  6. kgrebs

kgrebs Junior Member

The rim is 2 inches wider, hence the 6.5 to 8.5. They should not set that much further outside the fender bu will most likely rub on hard turns.
  7. spongebob

spongebob Senior Member

thats what i was hoping not to hear..these rims are sweet..
  8. rcpd34

rcpd34 Senior Member
    from MD

How about some American Racing wheels?

I have some really nice 8 lug American Racing wheels that are on my 2004 2500HD. I'm going back to the stock wheels as I'm probably going to sell the truck and these will need a new home.... Here's a pic:

Last edited: Dec 1, 2005