1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

[b]converting Old Fisher Frame To Minute Mount[/b]

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by PAGE2004, Feb 18, 2004.

1. PAGE2004

PAGE2004 Senior Member

Ive got a 97 eight foot minute mount plow hooked up and I need my old 10 ft. fisher plow to adapt to the minute mount system.

ANY SUGGESTIONS other than ... buying a minute mount system minus the plow.??

I need to have quick easy access to both plows., depending on the type and amount of snow.

Thanks R.P. Boston Ma.
  2. 2004F550

2004F550 Senior Member

Those are two very different plows...how big is ur truck?
  3. PAGE2004

PAGE2004 Senior Member

The minutemount is on a 1997 F-350
  4. 2004F550

2004F550 Senior Member

I'm not sure which 10' plow u have but I know thw newer Fisher MC series 10 fts weigh about 1700 lbs w/ headgear. That would be too much for an F350. The plow switching thing could be done just disconnect the blade from where it is attachs to the minute mount, (not the two spring loaded pins that connect to the truck but the pins that attach the blade to the head gear), cut the the loop that holds the chain to the yellow triange anf replace this w/ a hook that can hold the chain but that the chain can be removed from too. Then unhook the hydro lines from the pump and put quick disconnects on all of them and on the plows lines. Now the head gear should be free of the blade. The only problem is that the cylinder on the head gear is not big enough to lift the 10ft since it was made to lift the little 8ft. You will need a bigger cylinder around 2.5". Now this is all off the top of my head and actually doing it will be harder and you will run into problems like the F350 front end won't take the weight and things will break. I cannot recomend doing this, I was just giving you some skectchy steps on how to go about it. Just remember that anything attaching the blade and cylinders to the head gear must be made so it can be attached and dettached like the quick disconect hydro fittings. Good luck. :salute: :salute:
  5. PAGE2004

PAGE2004 Senior Member

Thanks ... for the info... but after seeing all the posts for PRO-WINGS, I think I will get a pair for the 8 ft Fisher and use the 10 ft. Fisher on my Mack Dump.Incidentely, I originally added a foot on each side of a 1985 FISHER 8ft, applied a ten ft. cutting edge and that made it a 10 Ft. and I used it on my 85 F-250 . Believe it or not... it worked good and moved ALOT of snow. The piston and pump worked good - but I seriously dont think it would work well on my 97 F-350 . They just dont make Fords like they used to.

Heres a pic of the 85 F-250... I sold it last year , Hope it uploads ...Im new to this site. and not sure how to do it.

85 f-250.jpg
  6. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

welcome to plowsite! Do you live right in the city of boston or outside it? I live in Randolph.