1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

B&B this ones for you!!!!

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by bronco69, Nov 16, 2008.

1. bronco69

bronco69 Member

Hey B&B I know you are the meyers wizard so I have a brain teaser for you. I originally had posted about my Meyers E-60 with the new style PA block that has the coils with the individual grounds. Well I replaced the drop adjustment screw and checked for any blockages but couldn't find any. I also replaced the needle valve on the pa block and checked for blockages but couldn't find any. Currently my plow still drops like a ton of bricks even with both drop adjustments bottomed out. Do you have any idea what could be causing this? Could it be something in the pa block? The valve or coil? I'm not sure, just thought you might have some ideas. Thanks.

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Is the O-ring good (or even there?) on the drop needle in the PA block?...not the one on the front in the sump base, the one in the side in the PA block...

One other loooong shot would be an internal leak (porosity) in the PA block somewhere in the fluid passage back to the reservoir from the drop valve.

Those would really be the only two ways the screw wouldn't have an affect on the drop speed...

3. bronco69

bronco69 Member

Yes, I put a brand new needle valve in which came with a brand new o-ring and I put a brand new drop adjustment screw in the sump base. So I guess what you are telling me than is that it must be that the PA block is bad?

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

If you've replaced the drop screw components and it didn't fix it I see no other possibilities other than the porosity issue or it was machined improperly during manufacturing.

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

What'd you ever come up with on the drop speed issue Bronco? Ever tear it down for investigation?

6. bronco69

bronco69 Member

I tore that pump completely apart cleaned and examined everything, replaced the needle valve, replaced the drop screw and it still did it so I just decided to use it as a backup pump.