1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

B&B question

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by OneBadDodge06, Dec 2, 2008.

1. OneBadDodge06

OneBadDodge06 Senior Member
    from Iowa

Got a question for ya. I wanna tweek my pressure relief valve on the lift cylinder. It seems a bit weaker than my other v plow so I'd like to turn it up of course. Which one is the right valve and how do you suggest I adjust it correctly? Thanks!!!!!!!!!

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Check to see where its set before you change it. Should be 2 1/2 - 2 3/4 turns out from fully seated. But to accurately set it you should get a pressure gage on it. Which isn't a bad idea regardless if it feels a little weak. I set them as close as possible to 1800 psi. That way if I check it at a later date I know right away if it's changed.

I also wouldn't hesitate to check the amp draw on the motor as well. The motors usually get weak before the pumps do..

Here's a location pic for the pump relief screw:

New Picture (Small).jpg

3. OneBadDodge06

OneBadDodge06 Senior Member
    from Iowa

This is the 3rd year on the plow. The original cutting edge hasn't even worn that much so it hasn't been used that much really. I noticed it the first year I used it but didn't feel like waiting 3 hours at the dealer to have it fixed. So if I get a gage....which way do I turn the valve head to increase the pressure? Thanks!!!!!

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Turn it clockwise to increase.