1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

[B][/B] Opinions on 94 dodge 5.9

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by chrito, Mar 6, 2006.

1. chrito

chrito Junior Member

I found a 94 3/4 ton 4x4 with a brand new 5.9 litre cummins turbo with a new tranny and transfer case all under a 100,000 mile warranty or until 2011. body is in good condition no major dents or rust ( a little surface rust thats all) the truck has 189,000 miles on it but like I said warranty good till 289,000 price they are asking is 6500.00 just wondering if that is a good deal or not, oh truck is reg cab, long bed. thanks Chris

dodge.jpg

2. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

brand new trans and cummins gobble that up and put a plow on it and take off that thing on the bed at the back of the cab

3. chrito

chrito Junior Member

yeah that thing is ugly , i am thinkin if i buy it I will take that off and put a western unimount and a backrack on

4. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

yeah a new cummins is good and the trans thats just about the whole truck well and a couple other components but that would be a great truck

5. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

that truck looks solid too the more and more i look at it but with a little rust is it auto...let us know what you end up doing

6. chrito

chrito Junior Member

thanks for the input

7. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

where in wisconsin are you

8. chrito

chrito Junior Member

yes it is auto i have more pics give me a min and i will upload them

9. chrito

chrito Junior Member

Actually live in Chicago now , need to update that

10. chrito

chrito Junior Member

More pics of the dodge

dodge2.jpg

dodge3.jpg

dodge4.jpg

11. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

see if you can talk him down a tad i havent seen under the truck but i see a some rust and its probably rusty underneath and the back bumper is a little crooked but so is my 98's too and the trailer hitch is also pretty rusty looking. hows the inside? do you think youll get it

12. chrito

chrito Junior Member

Im really thinkin about gettin it , the inside is in pretty good shape but is ugly red. i know how long diesels run for so i was thinkin even if the undercarriage is rusty as long as the frame isn;t shot then what the hell, any thing else that will break i could probly find in a bone yard or something, but i don't know everything so your opinion counts

13. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

yeah it looks like a good buyu do you have any plow trucks already

14. chrito

chrito Junior Member

No plow trucks currently, but i have a small lawn business and looking to add plowing . i have a 2000 ford ranger 2wd and a 79 ford F-250 4x4 gasser

15. chrito

chrito Junior Member

A guy down the street has a v-box for sale but i don't know what he wants for it , when i buy the truck if he still has it i may pick that up too. I think he has a dumptruck with plow and salter too. its a tandem axle, i think. i could check on it if your interested

Last edited: Mar 6, 2006
  16. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

don;t spread with it- talk about rusting away the truck.

BTW the doors are scarce as heck for replacements....

Now is it a brand new engine or a rebuild? Find out, it makes a difference- a CTD is a 300K mile engine- shouldn;t have gone at 189K- if it's a rebuild find out why and who rebuilt it. Find out what they did to the tranny- stock overhaul or modded... why... etc.

Bumpers rust for 94 and 95 trucks- normal.
    Doors rust out on all of them and are hard to find.

17. motoxdk24

motoxdk24 Member