1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

B&B need help.... vee problem

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by bossplowguy, Dec 1, 2008.

1. bossplowguy

bossplowguy Senior Member

Got a question for anyone who knows (b&b prolly will lol). When I try to use scoop and vee with my joystick or my spare only 1 wing moves up. When I go to the individual wing movements it works great....they just wont move together like they are supposed to

2. payton

payton Senior Member

each wing has its own selonoid.. sounds like theres a wire not connected during v there should be a jumper of sorts to control the v id check to see if theres anywires loose.

payton

3. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

maybe a controller issue. I don't think loose wires in the pump pack would react that way. the same coils/valves operate the wings in all these functions. I think it would have to be signal related.

4. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

Really sounds like a bad controller... surprising if you have two. I get that on one of mine when trying to angle right only, if I pull the joystick slightly back at the same time it goes. My issue goes away if I borrow another trucks controller.

The individual functions show that your valving is working correctly, and your wiring as well. The joystick should be firing off signals to two valves at once, doesn't seem to be doing so.

I'd see if a friend's controller fixes the problem. Other than that check the square connector for the joystick to plug into, make sure the pins are all seated and making good solid contact. Stranger things have happened.

5. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

could it be low voltage to the controller or a bad ground?

6. bossplowguy

I did try my backup controller....but thats not to say it could be malfunctioning also. I will check the wiring and connections.

7. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

for things to work the following valves must operate conjointly

SV1 and SV6 angle right
    SV2 and SV5 angle left
    SV2 and SV6 to Vee
    SV1 and SV5 to scoop

Note the same valves must perform multiple functions
    It stands to reason that the hydraulics are operating or you would not have independant wing function.
    Harness continuity issue could be disregarded for the same reasons.

Unless Mike has pearls of wisdom, I think you need to look at the controller.

Does any thing happen when you ask it to angle?

does the same side operate when you angle?

Last edited: Dec 1, 2008
  8. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Couple likely causes....

1) Could be a controller issue as each wing function is totally independent from one another (and everything else) in the control side of the harness all the way back to the controller...but since you tried two different controllers I'd be a little hesitant on a defective controller causing the issue.

2) Other possibility is a weak ground on the brown wire that jumps all the coil grounds together on the valve manifold. It may be strong enough to run one coil, but not two at the same time....which would ONLY be the case in the scoop and vee functions.

So pull the pump cover off and check/clean/recrimp all the terminals on that brown ground wire and also be sure the wire itself is well grounded and I think you'll have it fixed.

9. bossplowguy

Ok, I will do that tonight and will let you know of the outcome....thanks much!!!

10. bossplowguy

ok looked everything over and it looks good. Here is excatly what it does:

vee...rt side retracts
    angle left...lt wing retracts
    angle right...left wing extends
    scoop...left wing extends fast, right wing will sometimes extend with the left one but slowly, usually the left extends all the way then the right extends all the way

11. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Check the respective coils for magnetism as you function the controller. That will tell you if the correct functions are being sent from the controller.

The left wing being faster than the right one during extend (scoop) is normal, due to the priority circuitry in the valve manifold. If there both about the same speed when extended one at a time your good and do not have a wing issue....as far as speed goes.

12. Turbodiesel

Turbodiesel Senior Member

controller or fluid issue

13. bossplowguy

I guess the other thing I should of added is when you try to angle rt (I think) the motor don't even run

14. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Valuable piece of info if it is indeed accurate...

Controller, or controller plug, or its related wiring without a doubt. :salute:

15. bossplowguy

thanks b&b

16. bossplowguy

the gray wire inside the controller was pinched by the end of the joystick.....works like a charm now

17. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Then swapping controllers should have fixed it too..

18. bossplowguy

I just took the other one apart and it seems a couple wires were off the terminals, so both are good to go now

19. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Your test unit isn't much good if its defective also. :D

Good to hear you've got them both up and running. :salute: