1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

B&B i need some info man fuel lines

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by samjr, Jan 16, 2011.

1. samjr

samjr Senior Member

04 2500 hd excab 8 foot i need fuel lines for it man gm wants $450 for line kit i guess?
    and then the guy wants $400 to put them on is there a place on the net i can get them @ a lower $$ and how long of a job to put them in :mechanic:

2. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Find a shop that does nylon fuel lines. Will save you a fortune. And you'll never have to do them again.

3. tuney443

tuney443 PlowSite.com Addict

GM Parts Direct and Rock Auto come to mind.

4. Vinnie

Vinnie Senior Member

If its a diesel the shop I work at replaces the llines with rubber fuel line . You can buy the ends from napa if the originals are rotted out . It usually takes 2 hours ,because you have to lower the fuel tank .

5. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

i did a set of gas lines on a 6.0 1 time. :angry:

should have picked the cab/front clip up off.

i wound up cuttin them in 2 and flare unions in them to install in 2 peices.

the nylon aftermarket stuff is the trick now adays. payup

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Nylon is the way to go these days. Super easy to work with, not excessively expensive and will never corrode again. Most any decent repair shop should have the very little skills needed to use it and know where to source the needed parts, if they don't have them on hand already as it's pretty much become an industry standard practice in the last few years simply due to the "fast fix" and "one size fits all" and low cost of it which are advantageous to both the customer and the shop.

I just did an '02 GM gasser the other day replacing both the supply and return lines from the tank all the way to the front for $100 in line and fittings and 2.5 hours in labor. Yours could come in for less since your '04 won't have a return line. Can't do an equal job for any less than that using anything else.

7. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

I didn't think anybody still used steel fuel lines. I guess I was mistaken.