1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

b&b help

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by snowman69, Nov 1, 2010.

1. snowman69

snowman69 Junior Member

i have a 2001 2500hd and i have been reading about the frame cracking issues so i checked my frame and it has the factory gussets and they seem smaller than the ones other guys on here were installing just wondering if the factory ones will hold or should i add bigger ones thanks for your help
  2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

While the OEM gussets are smaller they do their job well enough to leave them alone as I've yet to see a truck broken in that location that had them from the factory. The ones you're probably seeing are from my own template which is longer and tapered to further distribute the stress over a greater area. Just a little additional overkill that's all...and anything on there is better than nothing at all.
  3. snowman69

snowman69 Junior Member

thanks for your input and quick response