1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

B&B..Crash..anyone..MVP problems..

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by OneBadDodge06, Nov 19, 2009.

1. OneBadDodge06

OneBadDodge06 Senior Member
    from Iowa

Ok so I did the usual....put a new filter and fill tube on the pump....went thru the connections on the plow n truck.

And now my plow will not do any hydraulic functions. I have continuity at the plug, the fuses aren't blown on the controller, And the solenoid is clicking just fine.

The motor runs, and it doesn't sound like its running dry and it doesn't sound like when a cylinder has hit full stroke. It just won't lift, angle, vee...nada.

Any ideas????:confused:

2. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Sounds like the pickup tube came back out.

3. OneBadDodge06

from Iowa

I thought so too then I pulled the resevoir tank back off of it and its stilll hanging out of the pump...I hooked my cordless drill on the shaft of the pump and pulled the trigger with the filter in plow oil and it checked out.

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

The vee's are notorious for getting air locked after a full drain. Crack a line (start with the lift cylinder) and run that function to bleed it. Work your way through the functions and it should come to life. Be careful you don't run it dry.

5. OneBadDodge06

from Iowa

I loosened up one of the fittings and got no fluid..not even bubbles. So I had the dealer check the controller. The mechanic tested it out and it was fine. So I went through my mechanic guide....pulled the wires off a coil and hooked my ohmmeter up to it. It was getting juice. Which meant one thing....I had the pump in backwards.

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Backward? :confused:

7. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Thats what he said!

Just cant figure out how he did it!

8. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

subscribed!

9. F350plowing

F350plowing Senior Member

How did you manage to put it in backwards?

10. cubicinches

cubicinches PlowSite.com Addict

I suppose if he actually unbolted the pump from the valve, he could have oriented it incorrectly when he reinstalled it so that the output port didn't align correctly with the valve, and it couldn't pump oil to the valve. :confused: I think the bolt arrangement for attaching the pump is just four bolts in a square pattern, so it seems possible to bolt it on while it's turned in the wrong position... maybe?

11. F350plowing

F350plowing Senior Member

i guess that's about the only way he could do that