1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Axixtech falcon review

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by dieseltech, Dec 1, 2011.

1. dieseltech

dieseltech Senior Member

Well guys, i just got my falcon today and thought i would share a first impression and a review after i have a chance to view it at night. First impression is good. The bar is very aerodynamic and seems to be pretty well built. Going thru some of the flash patterns...26 i believe and that is a definate plus for this bar. There are others with many pattern options and even more than this but this one is right in there with them. Daytime light output is good. I wouldnt say great but its not bad. I like how this bar has 10 light heads, two front and back, one on each side and one at each corner of the bar...great coverage. The cig plug with on/off switch and pattern change is nice also. To this point i am pleased but i will update after this evening when i have a chance to see it in the dark and pics and possibly a video to come if i can figure out how to upload a video. I was on a budget for a bar so this is why i picked this model. $213 on black friday meant i actually came in under budget which is always a plus as long as i am satisfied with its performance.

2. dieseltech

dieseltech Senior Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLnsu23Ny3M

well here it is...the axixtech falcon at night. im very pleased with how bright the bar is. sorry for the video quality, its not the best. i also hit the interstate at 75mph and the bar didnt budge with the 90lb magnets. eventually i would like to get a back rack and mount it on that. overall im happy with the purchase.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2011
  3. Maleko

Maleko Senior Member
    from Ct

looks good, nice truck..

4. dieseltech

dieseltech Senior Member

The only thing i dont like so far is the mounting location with the ridges on the roof of the truck. The magnets are soo close together they dont clear the ridges so it has to be put near the back to be centered or offset in the valleys on the roof, which i hate when things like that arent centered. I know this isnt the only bar that poses this problem though.

5. APLC

APLC Senior Member

looks good to me

6. jhall22guitar

jhall22guitar PlowSite.com Addict

I have the same bar on my truck (2006 Chevy Silverado 1500). I don't have the problems with the ridges, and I do agree that on the highway you can hit 80 and it wouldn't even budge. I added 2 Mini Phantom Max LED Dash Lights to my back window for even more light, I just stuck them behind my headrests for my 2nd row seats, looks nice and works.

7. dieseltech

dieseltech Senior Member

The problem i have is lack of light in front because of the 6" lift on my truck and the bar to the rear. Need some led hideaways

8. jhall22guitar

jhall22guitar PlowSite.com Addict

try the LED Mini Phantom Max from strobesnmore.com They are very bright and come with suction cups for the windshield and a clamp that hooks it directly under the rear view mirror. only 80 something dollars, plus 10 bucks for a flashback shield, and they work and look amazing.

9. Tango

Tango Senior Member

I had the same problem on my Chevy. I used some aluminum stock I had laying around and spread the magnets out a bit. You can’t see the brackets because the truck sits up higher. I will shoot a photo and post later today.

10. dieseltech

dieseltech Senior Member

I was thinking about doing that...if the ridges are far enough apart to accept the magnets...ill have to do some measuring

11. Tango

Tango Senior Member

Just got home. here are two quick ones.

Still sits nice and low so you dont see the mount.

1.JPG

2.JPG

12. dieseltech

dieseltech Senior Member

Something like that might work as long as my ridges are far enough apart. Thanks for sharing

13. Strobesnmore

Strobesnmore Senior Member

I have mentioned adjustable suction cup mounts for years and no one have moved on that. With so many vehicle with ribs in the roof I can't understand why no one has jumped on this. I had to modify my Whelen Responder to sit on top of the ridges.