1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Axel Bounce

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by robH, Feb 8, 2002.

1. robH

robH Junior Member

I have a 81 k30 1 ton 4x4 - when i come to a stop , especially down hills, my back end starts bounsing, have replaced the 20 year old shocks yesterday, with some new monroes, what else can i check? Or am i stuck with this?

2. 75

75 PlowSite.com Addict

What condition are the rear springs and bushings in? Can't say for sure, but they may be a factor - on the K-35 I'm building I put brand-new everything across the back in the springs/bushings department since the old ones were "sprung".

3. John DiMartino

John DiMartino PlowSite.com Veteran

Are the back brakes grabbing hard,and locking up,or chirping,causing the bounce,or is it just suspension bounce.A K20 from that year with an empty bed isnt going to ride exactly smooth,so i would expect a certain amount of bounce,or choppiness to be normal,even when it was new.