1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Aww no Is this gonna come out???

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by willofalltrades, Dec 7, 2006.

?

What to do with them?

1. Burn them

18 vote(s)
    78.3%
  2. Wait we can save them

5 vote(s)
    21.7%
  1. willofalltrades

willofalltrades Member

I plow with a Bobcat 873 skid steer. This is mated to a 9' Boss trip edge plow (giving you a visual). Well I made a dumb mistake. I refueled the machine while it was running. I was using cans so the fan blew what ever diesel fuel I spilled onto me. Haha I know it was a dumb mistake and I learned my lesson.
    Question: How do I get diesel fuel out of my jeans and hoodie. There reaking up my house! Haha Laugh all you want but Im about to throw up here. Oh and I definatly washed them 2 times. That didn't do one thing.

2. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

I'd throw the clothes outside..

Your wife, girlfriend, Mom is going to kill you for stinking up her washer & dryer.

LOL:waving:

3. DaySpring Services

DaySpring Services PlowSite.com Addict

try soaking them over night in soap and water.

4. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Try what RidehardNY and SnoFarmer noted. Then just leave them outside for a few days. I've done that (just not that much) and I'd just throw the pants out in the yard for a few days and they'd be ok.

5. snowsniper1

snowsniper1 Senior Member

pour a can of cke in the washer works for me every time

6. rfed32

rfed32 Senior Member

i had it come out of a pair of mine but it wasnt a lot at all...after two times id throw them out...go buy a new pair...17 bucks for dickies i get 7mos out of a pair and in the trash they go....if u really really really love them keep washing and dont forget fabrezz

7. ThisIsMe

ThisIsMe Senior Member
    from Mass

If he had a wife or a girlfriend it would be her job to get them clean. Mom on the other hand is another story.

Gonna get in trouble for that one.

Chris

8. nevrnf

nevrnf Senior Member

I second the can of Coke. Got to be the real thing not some generic Cola. I did not believe it untill i tried it.

9. REAPER

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

Soak in Dawn dish soap and vinegar.

10. twodan

twodan Member

careful

if you do soak in dish soap, do not put into your washer without hand rinsing first. you will have suds all over the place, and depending on the type of washer, you could damage it by having too many suds.

11. ght1098

ght1098 Member

Rub GoJo handcleaner into them, then run through the washer. Works for any petroleum based product that you get on your clothes.

12. haligan125

haligan125 Member
    from Maine

DeSolvIt Contractors Solvent. It totally romoved Wet n Dri, from a pair of jeans that I had used when tarring my roof. I was covered and after i washed them you would have never known! They smelled a little orangy for a while thogh

13. Detroitdan

Detroitdan PlowSite.com Addict

throw them in the back of the truck for at least a week. If it doesnt rain pour some water on them, they must get wet and air dry at least once or twice. At the end of the week take them out of the truck, throw them away and buy some new ones.

14. Idealtim

Idealtim Senior Member

i have tried this and it is by far the best way, even takes the stain out.

15. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

I spilled a few drops of diesel on my sweatshirt while refueling. I threw it in the regualr wash and most of the smell came right out. It is really faint now and is still going away.

16. dirt digger

dirt digger Senior Member

they sell this stuff in walmart back in the automotive section next to the orange hand cleaner, i forget what its called but its sold in a white tub. Its this white gellatin stuff that you can clean your hands or clothing with. Just smear it on the stain, give it a half hour and wash it. all my diesel stains came out of my cloths.

17. streetsurfin'

streetsurfin' Senior Member

Water soluble oil

Use a water soluble oil-something like baby oil in your wash to cut the petroleum oil so it will wash away.

I use a mix of melalueca oil, and alcohol in a spray bottle.

18. Detroitdan

Detroitdan PlowSite.com Addict

I think it's called M-30. Works great for hand cleaner and taking out nasty stains.

19. cyclone101

cyclone101 Junior Member

There is a great chemical by the company called ZEP. I you can go to there web and find it.you will have to find a dealer.
    they have a product called "BIG Orange" It is pricey but well worth the money. This will do no damage. I have seen this stuff used on MAC trucks used to clean tar off (best I have seen) Every one I have talked to about this says it works great for close to remove any stains or any thing. And it has never done bad for them. You put it in a bucket let your close soke over night wash them and tada. You can also go to home depot and find the same thing in a gallon for around $12-15. (generic brand)I have never used the stuff from them though. The product is a citrus and works well. If you have not used ZEP before they have good window cleaner called ZEP40. This has a no streek in cold temps, Use 2 microfiber towels
    Spray once to get the major gunk off with one towel then do it again and you can make it look like there is no glass.

Hope it helps.. Stay Safe

20. Rcgm

Rcgm Senior Member

COKE works I know it sounds crazy but my dad use to be a diesel mechanic my mom use to use tab but good luck finding that so use coke.

RCGM
    Brad