1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

awesome project tool

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by POWERSTROKE 350, Jan 11, 2009.

1. POWERSTROKE 350

POWERSTROKE 350 Junior Member

i know a lot of you guys on this site are do it yourself types of people. a guy i work with told me about a program on google that is awesome. it is called sketchup, just google that and you should find it. it is basically autocad, but free. i designed a flatbed for my truck that i will post pictures of if i can figure it out. can i post a screenshot on here or insert a file, if so how?

2. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

Not sure on how to get it here on the site, but I use that program for most of my landscape designs. I am pleased with it but I always have problems with the lines being off the axis somehow.

3. Doakster

Doakster Senior Member
    from Maine

This is an awesome project tool to say the least, being a CAD user myself it shares a lot of similarities and is sometimes more friendly.

I just downloaded it an am playing around with it.

To insert you're drawing I think the best way would be to PDF it, then try to post it up, you may be able to host a PDF file as well on photobucket etc.

4. Dan85

Dan85 Senior Member

I agree, I've used it for a lot of my studio design projects. The pay version is incredible!

To get a picture you can use one of two methods

1. Print Screen will give you an image on the clipboard that you can simply paste into MS paint and save as a Jpeg

2. Go to File -> Export ->Export 2D image -> Name it and select Jpeg

Then I'd upload it to Photobucket (Free) or some other photo sharing service

Here's a couple of pictures from my project model; the project focused on providing community greenspace.

[​IMG]

Every house was drawn from scratch, the car is an imported object.

[​IMG]

- Dan

Last edited: Jan 11, 2009
  5. Doakster

Doakster Senior Member
    from Maine

This is my poor representation of a gooseneck I worked on tonight. Still getting used to the program and getting pissed more times than not.

[​IMG]