1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Awesome new Google Maps feature!

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by toast, Dec 12, 2007.

1. toast

toast Member

Now Google maps has a "street view", which allows you to visually see the location. This should really help the guys give estimate help for noobs like me!

Heres an example...

Click on the orange dude if it doesnt pop up for you.

I really like this feature!

2. Snowpower

Snowpower Senior Member

That has to be for very limited locations only.

3. toast,
    guess Pohlad put that pic in Google.
    It's cool, I'll have to check it out for other areas.
    Another plowsite member turned me onto http://maps.live.com/
    It has a birds eye view that's just awesome.
    I was looking for a map of Southdale and got a fair one from google, but with the birds eye view from maps.live, I could make out the model and makes of the cars.

Steve Hoogenakker

4. Thanks toast, I found a ground level shot of a townhome association I do. It's a pic of the garage fronts, aprons. I'm going to print them up and send them out with the crews. Thats very cool.
    I noticed on the townhome shot as well as the dome shot that if you twist the picture just right, you can see the car underneath with the 360 degree camera.
    There's a place up in Maple Grove called Geo Vista that has cameras in all their trucks. I thought they were hired by realtors, but maybe they drive all the streets.
    Looks like the wife will be lonely this weekend while I print my sites up!!!!

Steve Hoogenakker

5. csx5197

csx5197 Senior Member

Yeah thats nice and all, but doesn't work for us who live in the "sticks"

6. toast

toast Member

Yeah Steve, Ive found live maps too, and it was the best when I found it, but this you can even go full screen, and get better resolution. Im sure they will be expanding thier territory as well for those in the "sticks"....

Mike

7. toast

toast Member

Cool, if you go look down the street, you can grab an arrow, and it will advance you down the street!

8. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

i cant find this orange dude