1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

awesome invention

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by finnegan, Nov 28, 2000.

1. finnegan

finnegan Senior Member

I just came up with a really cool invention to make plowing even easier---My device hooks on to any electrically controlled plow--(yes please tell me more!) OK heres how the system works you reach the end of a push an do nothing except shift into reverse(you had to anyway) the plow automatically picks up the blade for an adjustable amount of time (1-4sec.) theres also a bypass switch to disable it for normal plow operation--I'm in the process of pitching it to meyers now but I'm open to any manufacturers, let me know if you like the idea.....

[Edited by finnegan on 11-28-2000 at 07:06 PM]

2. Lazer

Lazer Senior Member

That's is out there already.

You can switch it on and off, but basically raises your plow when you put your truck in reverse and lowers it when you put it in drive.

I think the kit was like $89 or so, but haven't seen them advertised recently.

3. John Allin

John Allin PlowSite.com Addict

Hermie Stern up in Michigan has had this product on the market for 5 or 6 years. It's called the Arc-Tik plow control.

As you can imagine (since it's been on the market so long now, and you've never heard of it) - it's not a 'sure fire winner'.

4. DaveO

DaveO PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Ma.

Finnegan,

Sounds like a great idea. I would make the time adjustable like you said. Bypass switch a must. I can't think of a negative effect. You can use the reverse switch on the truck. The circuit will need a timer circuit(one shot), and a relay to drive the plow ckt. Good thinking!!!

P.S. Sounds like somebody beat ya to it.

Dave

[Edited by DaveO on 11-28-2000 at 07:20 PM]

5. iowastorm

iowastorm Senior Member

It is a great concept, but if you really want it messed up, let Meyer do it. They're the best at it.

6. John Allin

John Allin PlowSite.com Addict

Storm's right.....

7. finnegan

finnegan Senior Member

guess what meyer put out this year :laughing:

8. TJS

TJS PlowSite.com Addict

It sounds like it would be a pain. I do a lot of areas that have curbs so I got to lift anyway as I am still moving forward. What's the point. Just more elect crap to fail.

9. John143

John143 Senior Member
    from NEPA PA

As it might be nice for a home owner (never forget to lift your plow again). Id be with TJS on his statement. A good option to have is the switch on the hand control to switch from running just the plow lights to just the truck head lights. Thats about the only thing I miss about my old Hiniker plow.

10. KYsnow

KYsnow Member

Did they use your idea?

11. hammerstein

hammerstein Senior Member

And it wasn't even grandview this time. Read the date.

12. snowplowpro

snowplowpro Senior Member
    from NJ

Didn't Meyers come out with that but I heard they had a lot of problems with it but then western didn't make it so what do you expect.

13. Plow horse

Plow horse Senior Member

How Lazy can you be

I hate these gadgets that THINK for you, BUT as anybody that REALLY plows knows you nead to be in 100% complete control. As I see that 99% of you know. So PLEASE tell me how a computer can READ your mind and tell the differance between different objects or obsticals? Darn how lazy can people be all you have to do today is push a button, I guess thats to much.

14. snowplowpro

snowplowpro Senior Member
    from NJ

I agree with plow horse. I hate technology its sells so much stuff people say they don't have but yet every new iPhone that comes out someone has to get one.

15. Metro Lawn

Metro Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

I have a Meyer Super V2 with this feature and I love it. No issues at all after 2 seasons.