1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? Explore this quick video tour of updates and enhancements. It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

avoiding snow left on inside of curves

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by moran, Jan 14, 2011.

1. moran

moran Junior Member

When plowing a long dirt road with two sharp 90 degree curves, how can I avoid leaving a load of snow on the inside of the curve. Maybe I shouldn't have the plow angled fully in the curve direction. Should I leave the plow straight?

2. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

make several passes

3. moran

moran Junior Member

Thanks, that's what I've been doing but I was hoping I was doing something wrong I could correct.

4. bristolturf

bristolturf Senior Member

bigger blade or more passes thats just about the only way it will work

5. As others have said more passes and start towards the middle of curve and then each subsequent pass push the snow closer to curb.

6. skimastr105

skimastr105 Member

push from the inside of the curve to the outside edge, so you are angling all of your snow to the outside (long edge) of the curve.

7. Plow man Foster

Plow man Foster PlowSite.com Addict

I have a boss and love it for this reason!!!!
    If you have a V you can plow the curve/ intersection in the scoop/ V position at an angle the windrow the rest of the street