1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Avg. time to clear 2 lane roadways??

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by mdd, Sep 10, 2005.

1. mdd

mdd Member

i have about 1.5-2.0 miles of 2 lane narrow access road in a cemetary to bid.. was wondering if anyone has any experience with how long this may take??
  2. Vaughn Schultz

Vaughn Schultz PlowSite.com Addict

What are you driving, what size is your blade?
  3. mdd

mdd Member

2 trucks... chevy 3500 with a 7.5 meyer and a 2500hd with a 8 ft boss both straight blades
  4. echovalley

echovalley Senior Member
    from CT

why dont you just drive it?then triple your time.2 trucks with small blades start to finsh about 20 mins
  5. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

I do about 3/4 mile of 12' wide private road with a 9' straight blade on a 3500 - two round trips to make sure. Takes about 15-20 minutes with about 4" of snow. There are three fairly steep hills and one tight turn. I'm never much over 5mph.
  6. farmertim

farmertim Member

Plowing its easy

But you better figure out how to roll it back in the spring or the middle of a heavy winter.
    Boss or any v-plow will will help but make extra trips to widen out early in the year as to allow for banks later on.
    Before I got a side wing I took three trips to do a common road just to throw back as far as possible.
    The side wing cut that down to in and out and roll back the tops in feb for more room.
    I have about 25 miles of common road or long drives every event and it takes about 5 min for 3/4 of a mile in so about 10 in and out with a 9 foot straight blade, times 3 divided by 100.00 per hour and there ya go, but if your doing drives at the end you have to drive it any way and could cut the cost a bit.