1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Avg number of plows per year

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by efriedman, Aug 24, 2004.

1. efriedman

efriedman Junior Member

I know this is obviously relevant to where you plow, but what are some of your average number of plows for your client per year?

2. Robhollar

Robhollar Senior Member

I know here on the east side of Cleveland we had 13 plowable events last year....Rob
  3. nsmilligan

nsmilligan PlowSite.com Veteran

Last year over 70 plowing days, with 1 storm 40" in 24 hrs, followed by another 12" dump 2 days later. Expect 50-60 days this winter.

4. Makndust

Makndust Senior Member

I hope for 4 events or more per month. In our country that equates to 16 to 20 per season. We live in a banana belt compared to alot of you guys. We pull the trigger at 1". Some of the accounts even require 1/2" to be scraped off (US Poast Office, Retirement Homes, etc.). We probably see less snow all winter than alot of you guys see in one typical snow storm. We utilize ATV's alot more with the light snows that we get. Alot less imputs and maintenance (after you get them set up right) compared to a pickup. I would give anything to see a nother winter of "78" like when I was a kid. The ATV's would stay in the shed and I would buy another pickup and blade.