1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Average price on 9'2" V XT w/smartlocks?

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by Ramairfreak98ss, Nov 26, 2008.

1. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss PlowSite.com Addict

I paid $4500ish for our 8'2" XT last year, about 200/300 less than the 9'2" last december, ONLY 1 year ago.

I get a quote yesterday for a 9'2".. haha, $5757.77 plus 7% nj tax and not installed, AND that doesnt include smartlocks which they called Boss on the phone while i was there and their rep confirmed that EACH smartlock cylinder is $312 EACH.

Brings the total out the door with tax to $6,828.xx It was hard not to laugh. I told him i just paid $4700 or less last year for the 8' model with tax, thats a 2k difference.

Breakdown is

$1,677.44 Blade crate 9'2 V XT
    $3,080.00 Plow box "is this the smarthitch mounting portion"? damn
    f350 06 undercarridge $475
    Control kit V plow $497
    light adapters $29

I'll definitly be looking for a USED V 9'2" or V XT from now through the next year.

Wing kit price isnt bad, im going to put these on the 8' SD straight blade for the dually f350 $792.00 for the set, i will install them

2. Farm Boss

Farm Boss Senior Member

Paid just over 6k out the door for my new 9.2 VXT with smartlocks and the snow shield and installed.

3. Kevin Kendrick

Kevin Kendrick Senior Member

Boss had a significant price increase this year so yes, prices did go up. Regarding the pricing, your dealer is right there on price. The plow box is the Smarthitch box however, your dealer may purchase the SmartLock cylinder plow box (MSC15005) which should only add a couple of hundred dollars to the price. Otherwise, if he is trying to unload a standard plowbox (without smartlocks), he should be able to swap the cylinders in order for you to get your smartlocks (without paying over $600 for the cylinders).

4. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss PlowSite.com Addict

So even say we dont figure out the smartlocks costing more than say $200 over the $57xx price to begin with, thats still high without install considering "farm boss" above had one installed for not much more ?

5. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

We pay more in Canada but last week I just paid $6600 for a 9'2 poly with SL and I was quite happy. That was uninstalled also. Is a VXT more then a poly?

6. DCSpecial

DCSpecial Senior Member
    from IL

In Oct. I paid $5800 for my 9'2" V XT with smarlocks, included install and tax.

I know when I called for a plow for my neighbor that my dealer said Boss was having a price increase Nov 1. Haven't talked with them since then though.

7. MSS Mow

MSS Mow Senior Member
    from Maine

$5150 for 8'2" standard V with smartlocks, rubber foil and installed.
    $5350 for 8'2" XT V with smartlocks, rubber foil and installed.
    $5350 for 9'2" standard V with smartlocks, rubber foil and installed.
    $5550 for 9'2" XT V with smartlocks, rubber foil and installed.

tax NOT included with any of these prices.

8. M&M

M&M Senior Member

Come on up to New Hampshire. Last weekend my friend paid $4850 not installed for a 9'2" VXT w/smartlocks steel moldboard for a '05 Dodge 1 ton. I couldn't believe it either but he showed me the receipt. The dealer he bought it from has been in and out of business over the last few years so there could be some shady stuff going on.

9. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

I just ordered one yesterday; $6000 for 9'2" V XT installed, smartlocks and deflector.

10. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

Im pretty sure Enzo just paid $5500 for a 9.2' installed with smart locks and the new style lights.

11. Get Plowed AK

Get Plowed AK Member

I paid 4900 for my 9'2" xt with smartlocks, controller, feet, oil out the door, ready to drive into and take home.

dont pay retail. You can always hustle a dealer.

12. Diesel Bob

Diesel Bob Member

With the recent November 1 price increase of 6%, my dealer will sell a 9'2" VXT installed for $5600.

13. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

My Dad just had a 9'2" V steel installed for $5450.00 out the door with the smartlocks. I didnt think that was a bad deal, especially since another dealer that quoted him was at $6400 OTD!