1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Average # of plowable snowfalls in Metro Detroit area?

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by Sno ballz, Oct 26, 2005.

1. Sno ballz

Sno ballz Member

Hi guys,

I'm trying to calculate what a fair seasonal price would be for my target residentials. In order to do so, I'd like to get the last 3 years average of plowable snowfall events from you guys that have that data in the Detroit MI area.

From some of my weather service research, it seems that Detoit had very little activity. Can this be right? Assume a 2" trigger....

02-03 Season = 13 events
    03-04 Season = 4 events
    04-05 Season = 9 events

3 year running average would only be about 8 pushes. Is my data way off???

2. Sno ballz

Sno ballz Member

Anyone?? Anyone?? Bueller?

Please help:confused:

3. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

Snowball
    Im north of Detroit in Waterford by Pontaic. We had 21 plowable events last year, starting with Dec 1st. The year before I would have to dig out my old log book but there were only about 12 events Im guessing, 03-04 was a slow season. Hope this helps

Regards Mike

4. Sno ballz

Sno ballz Member

Thanks flykelley. 21 eh? WOW, is that a 2" trigger? Or does that include trips out to salt light dustings and such?

Thanks for the info, I'm gonna keep researching!

5. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

No that is only plowing, there where 5-6 times that I salted but did not plow. My contract states that I start at my own discrecation.

Regards Mike