1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Avalanche VS. Scoop Dogg VS ???

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Century1, Dec 19, 2008.

1. Century1

Century1 Junior Member

Anyone with experience with Snow pushers/boxes that would like to share those experiences, good or bad would be appreciated.
    For 10+ years we have been using 96" light material buckets on our skids for our snow work and its worked fine, no real issues. We have been running into issues with straight blade plows not being efficient enough on our jobs and I cant put new plows on all of our trucks.
    So I am looking at buying at least 2 snow boxes in the next week or so for our skids.
    So Its 2 - 8' Avalanches- std poly edge model
    or 2 8' Scoop Dogg pushers- $1000.00 less than Avalanche for the pair.
    or ?????
  2. purpleranger519

purpleranger519 Senior Member
    from Kansas

I'm not a fan of the scoop dogs at all. They just aren't built like an Avalanche. I've used Pro-Tech, Scoop Dogg, and a cpl generics, and my Avalanche. I'm sold on the Avalanches. I love the design of the trip edge and the durability of the product. It says something too when a company gives a lifetime warranty on their product.
  3. Century1

Century1 Junior Member

Thanks for the input, And I agree that if they can put a lifetime warranty behind it, its probably worth the extra $500 per.

You mention the design of the trip edge? So you have a steel trip edge model?
    You recommend that over the rubber std? its an extra $1100 per for the trip edge model.
    We are in The DC metro area and we get a lot of ice and heavy snow, so one of my concerns is the ability to scrape things clean, but since the skids work with trucks most of the time it may not be a big deal???
  4. purpleranger519

purpleranger519 Senior Member
    from Kansas

Yeah, I have the STE-10.5 pusher with the steel trip and i do recommend getting that over the rubber edge model if you see alot of ice.
  5. cjm8232

cjm8232 Member

You might want to check Pro-Tech's Distributor in Rockville.

He has a lot of Pro-Tech's in stock. He has has the steel trip edge pushers and rubber pushers in stock for all machines, backhoes, loaders, and skid steers.

Pro-Tech's Steel Trip is the IST design, and comes with a 10 year warranty. Very few moving parts, NO SPRINGS! Very durable. Since they are in stock in Rockville, it's worth a quick look and comparison up there.

If you want more info, call us at Pro-Tech at 888-787-4766
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2008