1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Avalanche Questions

Discussion in 'Avalanche Box Plows' started by Avalanche, Jul 21, 2009.

1. Avalanche

Avalanche Sponsor

We are new to this forum but we will be checking in daily from now on if anyone wants to ask a question. I'll also be posting some pictures of our newest products.
  2. DeVries

DeVries PlowSite.com Addict

Welcome Matt

It's good to see a manufacturer or at least a salesman on the forum on a regular basis. I'm sure you will find that there will be a lot of guy's happy to have someone like you here to answer any questions they may have.
  3. purpleranger519

purpleranger519 Senior Member
    from Kansas

Can you tell me if Smitty's Lawn & Garden in Olathe, Ks is still selling Avalanche. If not who is the closest dealer to me? I am located in NE Kansas.

4. Avalanche

Avalanche Sponsor

Yes you can order through them. If you need anything else please feel free to ask or call our toll free number 800.232.6950.
  5. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

We're having a recurring problem with a skid steer pusher where the bolts connecting the pusher to the skid steer backing plate keep coming loose and lost through the night from all the vibaration.

As there is very little or no give...I'm thinking a slip hitch design may elleviate this syndrome. What are your thoughts or recommendations on this?

If you want to have a skid steer slip hitch prototype (similar to the one Doug is testing) tested you can count me in.

Looking forward to hearing from you.
  6. Avalanche

Avalanche Sponsor

Hi Johnny,
    As we discussed on the phone, you can tack weld those bolts after tightening them to avoid the possibility of them loosening during operation. For the last 4-5 years all of our skid steer coupler plates have been welded rather than bolted. We'll keep you in mind if we have develop a skid steer prototype model for field testing.
  7. MatthewG

MatthewG PlowSite.com Addict

I need paint, what do you have or suggest?

How about a new sticker kit like western and fisher offer for free

8. Avalanche

Avalanche Sponsor

@ MatthewG Re: Paint

We can send you a sticker kit. I will PM you regarding the paint.

Monique Cormier
    Avalanche® by Ledex Industries
    Tel: 1-800-232-6950 | Fax: 905-634-5606