1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Avalanche Placement

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by VanceCox@RASK, Dec 10, 2006.

1. VanceCox@RASK

VanceCox@RASK Junior Member

I was curious how other companies with a large number of "Avalanche" type pushers get them delivered. I just recently placed our 81 units on site and it was a very time and fuel consuming process. We used a semi with a 53' drop deck and chased it with my truck pulling a bobcat to unload at each site. Does anyone have a better idea on getting this accomplished? The only thing we have been able to come up with is a "piggy-back" forklift. Let me know!

Avalanche Plows.jpg

R.A.S.K. @ Castleton Mall.jpg
  2. JET enterprises

JET enterprises Senior Member

81, wow thats impressive.. how do you get your equipment on site? what if you brought both the pushers and the equipment together at the same time?
  3. Bruce'sEx

Bruce'sEx Senior Member

likely to large for the trailers for the bobcats, and to large to drive down the road without wide load setups.
  4. Lawnscape89

Lawnscape89 Senior Member

I would think that with 81 units, you would be telling us the best way to move them. :rolleyes: Couldn't you turn the 8'-10' units sideways instead of long ways and drive the skid loader up onto the trailer? Guess it would be more difficult to "interlock" them as you do when they are front to front from the side. If you have that many units, would there be anyway to "manufacture" a second tier on the trailer? Like on a car hauler, that may raise or lower the units? Anyway, hope you find a better way to save time and money. ;)

What if you got in touch with a dealer or distributor that handles them? Maybe they have a special trailer for delivery that you could get some ideas from.
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2006
  5. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

WOW that's A LOT of snow pushers! sorry i can't be of any further assitance!!
  6. kemmer

kemmer Senior Member
    from NJ

I was looking at your website, and i was wondering, is all your equipment 100% winter use only?
  7. JET enterprises

JET enterprises Senior Member

ah yes valid point :nod:
  8. jazak

jazak Member
    from NJ

Looks like it to me.