1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

avalanche pictures

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by rico, Oct 3, 2006.

1. rico

rico Member

Does anyone have pictures of their avalanche without a plow on it? I would like to see how the electrical harness comes thru the grill. Thanks.

2. Yaz

Yaz PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

What brand of plow are you looking for?

3. rico

rico Member

I have a 7.5 Western Unimount going on 2002 with cladding. There is no room between the grill and the bumber to run the cable. I went to the Western dealer, and they said Western discontinued the brackets for the grill, because they where causing problems after a while of use.

4. Yaz

Yaz PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

That should get you better help knowing what you have.

I know you don't want to hear this but it seams if there is no room for the wires to come out you may have to cut your grill.

How about loosening the bumper brackets and moving the bumper down just a bit or just putting small notch's under the grill with dremel tool doing it neatly so it looks nice.

5. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

i seen them with meyers plows on them there fine

6. rico

rico Member

I took Yaz's advice and cut some of the pastic support under the cover.

10-08-06_1605.jpg

7. Yaz

Yaz PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

Wow nice job. :nod: That sure is tight going in there. I would have done that too! No way would you want to cut that nice grill.

One suggestion. If that is paint they are laying on, you may want to pick up some clear plastic film to put under them so when dirt gets under them and vibrated it doesn't get scratched up on top. If you can't find clear, check a auto body supply shop in your area. Or you can find 3M material from any sign shop in a color that will look close. or just black, some of the sign material is thiner but you can double it up.

Once again, nice job!

8. rico

rico Member

Thanks. I just wished the rest of the job came out that nice. I still need to finish it.

9. Yaz

Yaz PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

You still have some time. :sleeping:

Don't be finishing it up the night before the snow falls!:rolleyes:

10. jbone

jbone Senior Member

if your plowing with a 2500 avalanche with the 8.1 you wont be dissapointed a buddy of mine has one and its a beast. They have a fisher minute mount v-plow very nice!

11. Jt13speed

Jt13speed Senior Member

Whoa, a Fisher V on an Avalanche? Man thats a must see if i do say so myself, you gotta get some pics of that with the plow on...ppppllease! haha

Rico, that goes for you to bud, Red on Red must look cool...when you get around to it that is...lol

12. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

a v plow is crazy for that truck

13. jbone

jbone Senior Member

it looks bad ass!!!! ill try to get some pics of they mount it up anytime soon