1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Avalanche New Products

Discussion in 'Avalanche Box Plows' started by Avalanche, Jul 21, 2009.

1. Avalanche

Avalanche Sponsor

2. Avalanche

Avalanche Sponsor

Pictures

Here is the new Pick Up V-box spreader. It has electric motors, a heavy duty wiring harness and in-cab speed control.

PVBS.jpg

3. Avalanche

Avalanche Sponsor

Pictures

Here is our new Under Tailgate Spreader for dump trucks. It has electric motors so runs from the truck battery without any need of hydraulics. It features a heavy duty wiring harness and in-cab speed control. It will fit any standard 96" dump body.

UTSsmall.jpg

4. Avalanche

Avalanche Sponsor

Pictures

Our steel trip system uses laterally mounted torsion springs to give a lot of stiffness for attacking hard-packed snow. We think this is about the best trip edge system out there. (I know we would say that...) New this year it now features a lock key that lets the user quickly lock the edge solid if, for example, you're plowing on a gravel surface or if you want to scrape thick ice. When you want the trip action back as normal you just remove the key.

SteelTripEdgeSmall.jpg

5. Avalanche

Avalanche Sponsor

Pictures

This year every box plow sold will come as standard with the Avalevel. This is a level indicator that tells the operator when the plow is not being carried level. It should help prevent premature wearing of the skid shoes which happens when the plow is carried on the heels or the toes. Not carrying the plow level can also cause you to lose snow out of the sides so this should help make plowing more efficient too.

Avalevelsmall.jpg

6. ultimate plow

ultimate plow PlowSite.com Addict
    from N. IL

I like the electric tailgate hopper. any pics of one on a truck?

7. Avalanche

Avalanche Sponsor

Hey,
    We'll have pictures of that unit mounted on truck shortly.

Best regards,

Matt
    Avalanche Snowplows

8. ultimate plow

from N. IL

Thanks!!!:D

9. And here I thought I'd have something new to install on my Chev Avalanche :rolleyes:

10. JaimeG

JaimeG Senior Member

Cool stuff, but where can I get some prices, or a list of distributors?

11. Avalanche

Avalanche Sponsor

Dealer information

Hi JaimeG,

The Avalanche distributor in the Chicago area is Tim Wallace.
    Their number is (630) 759-6813. They'll be able to give you pricing information.

If you aren't in the Chicago area, call us at 1-800-232-6950, and we'll give you the number of your nearest dealer.

Regards,
    Monique Cormier
    Avalanche Snowplows

12. StratfordPusher

StratfordPusher Senior Member

Size

Whats the size of this unit ? fit a short or long box ? how much salt will it hold ??

Please advise

Al

13. ultimate plow

from N. IL

Id like to see some pics of this electric spreader for the dump. Looks good

14. Avalanche

Avalanche Sponsor

Pickup V-box Spreader

Hi Al,

There are 2 sizes: 8’ unit will fit a long bed and has a 1.7 cubic yards capacity.
    6’ unit will fit a short bed and has a 1.4 cubic yards capacity. Comes in Carbon Steel or Stainless Steel.

Here's the link http://www.plowavalanche.com/products_V-Box-spreader.php

Regards,
    Monique
    Avalanche Plows

15. Avalanche

Avalanche Sponsor

Electric Spreader for Dump

Here's a picture of the spreader mounted on a truck.

DUTS.jpg

16. Grassman09

Grassman09 2000 Club Member

How will those electric spreaders handle wet treated salt? All the electrics I've used wont cast the salt very far.

17. Avalanche

Avalanche Sponsor

The radius varies according to wetness of material. I can’t say the exact feet that wet salt would spread.

18. Bossman J

Bossman J Junior Member

Matt from Avalanche, do you have any dealers in New Jersey for your under tailgate spreaders?

Last edited: Nov 4, 2009
  19. Freedom Dave

Freedom Dave Member

Hey Avalanche, when you say 1.4 cu yds is that before mounding it and where can I see the stainless steel one since yellow painted doesnt fit my colour matching (I know silly but I am a western guy), I am from toronto and been to your site and can't find a list of distributors, I am dealing with Walker but they say they have to order it in.

20. Avalanche

Avalanche Sponsor

Under Tailgate Spreader

At this point we are still finalizing the dealer network for New Jersey and so we could probably sell to you direct.
    Feel free to give us a call for pricing & delivery etc. 800.232.6950.