1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Avalanche Danger

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by long0, Dec 18, 2002.

1. long0

long0 Senior Member

I recieved an e-mail today reporting avalanche dangers.

:eek: :eek:

Vicinity of Monarch pass in the Sawatch Range. A warning is also in effect for the Elk and West Elk mountains surrounding Crested Butte.

See Buffalo, your not the only ones that get 7 feet of snow
    :D :D

2. shamrock1

shamrock1 Member

60-92" In 48 Hours, You can have it........

At least you have wide open "God's Country" In the Rockies to spread the snow around.....

Can't say that it was any fun last year with all of that in the Metro-Buffalo area

Sounds like a perfect opportunity to Ski the Mountains....Wish I was closer..... :cool:
  3. Roger Dodger

Roger Dodger Senior Member
    from nw Pa.

Oh, and here I thought you were warning us of the dangers of owning an Avalanche. Like getting ridiculed and spit upon, having the body panels keyed, not being able to use the vehicle for anything real other than picking up bread and milk at the corner store, etc. ;)
  4. fastjohnny

fastjohnny Senior Member

:) Yeh, Rodger, I hate the looks of those things too. But I have heard from some friends of my folks that have one with an 8.1 in it. They say it is way loaded with stuff, and like it better than the Suburban they traded in. In fact, I got the K&N air filter off the sub before it departed. But you wouldn't catch me in one. I try to stay at least 100yds away from an avalanche of any kind:nod:
  5. fastjohnny

fastjohnny Senior Member

Now I'm a member

That post put me over the mark:drinkup: