1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Avalanche 1500

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Eyesell, Jan 8, 2004.

1. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

This fine looking truck belongs to:

pelt35
    Mauston, WI

Let's welcome him to the site, :) what do you think of his truck ??

Last edited: Oct 17, 2005
  2. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

sorry selected the wrong one :cry: :cry:

3. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

and last but not least

4. JBZ71

JBZ71 Junior Member

I love the avie and this is the first one I have ever seen with a plow...The best of luck with your sweet ride...:drinkup:

5. avalancheplow

avalancheplow Senior Member

HI the truck belongs to avalancheplow!
    Thanks EYESELL for posting the pics.

My ride is a 02 Chevy Avalanche with a Sno-Way 7.5' MT90 plow with the down pressure. I put timbrens up front to help. Any Avalanche with a plow needs them bad. In the fall I am adding a snowman tow behind angle plow. :D

6. TreffertLawnWrx

TreffertLawnWrx Senior Member

Next year I am seriously going to consider a 3/4 ton avalanche. I absolutely love them and Dont use the box of my truck vs my trailer. I'd outfit it with a new Boss V like I have, or a Blizzard since we now have a dealer! Scott

7. JBZ71

JBZ71 Junior Member

I definetly would have purchased an avalanche,but I always got junk in the back like firewood and could'nt see messing up the back of a avalanche...Mr plow how is the snow up your way,gonna head up to Maine next weekend to do alittle snowmobiling four days yahoooooo!!!! Again sweet ride..Have you plowed with it yet???? Were the timbrens hard to install and does it increase unloaded ride height???:waving:

8. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

Sorry again for screwing up the "owner part", did you get the e-mail I sent you ??

9. avalancheplow

Eyesell,
    Yes I did. Thanks you. Its not a big deal. I am just happy to get the pics up. Thanks again. :drinkup:

10. Mrplowguy

Mrplowguy Junior Member

Nice looking rig. How does it do plowing?

11. bluenite608

bluenite608 Member

me too, first avalanche that I've seen with a plow! GOOD LUCK AND WELCOME!!!!

12. meyer22288

meyer22288 Senior Member

sweet truck:)

13. crstal

crstal Junior Member
    from VA

hows in plow the snow? i wanna get a plow for my truck when i get the cash! looks amazing!

14. avalancheplow

crstal
    It plows great in the snow. I only had trouble once and that was trying to push 6" of heavy wet snow up hill. :drinkup:

15. crstal

crstal Junior Member
    from VA

Im thinking about geting a blizzard.. but if the snowaway works i might get that.. i wanna get one this year but dont have the cash!

16. avalancheplow

The blizzard is a lot cheaper. I would pick it depending on what your doing. If you are doing a lot a driveways and have to backdrag I would go with the Sno-Way. Everything else, small commercial-large commercial not much backdragging then I would get the Blizzard. IMO

17. crstal

crstal Junior Member
    from VA

you got a site to snow away?

18. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

snoway looks nice, looks like it stacks well with out the lift chain! Some people think snoways are not "real plows" but they are. I was up in Killington, VT a few weeks ago and saw tons of people with snoways would not be using them up there if they were not good, real plows!:D

19. avalancheplow

20. LCME

LCME Junior Member

Dude your set-up is awesome. I'm interested in the same set-up for my Av 1500 Z71. But, I have a few questions. How much front bumper modifications (cut away)?. If you have pictures can you post them here?. Did you get the wireless control?. Did you put ballast in the back?. Finally if you do not mind me asking, what was the damage $$$. Thanks, LCME

Last edited: Oct 8, 2004