1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Available for subcontracted hire in Mass winter of 2004-05

Discussion in 'Networking' started by josolar, Mar 2, 2004.

1. josolar

josolar Junior Member
    from Mass

I am located in Lincoln, Ma. Willing to subcontract for winter of 2004-2005. Anyone shorthanded? Thanks.

2. Strongmd

Strongmd Member

I could use you, but I'm about 20 min. north of Boston so I'm not sure it would make much sense.

3. josolar

josolar Junior Member
    from Mass

thanks for the reply. Which town are you located? send me your number or email and I will contact you next year if I am still in need of work. Thanks.

Anyone closer?

4. JD PLOWER

JD PLOWER PlowSite.com Veteran

Jsolar I know this may not help you but last year in the Globe I remember seeing an add for subs in the Lincoln Concord area. Sounded pretty good, pay was something like $65 per hour. That s 10-15 above what most are paying. Just something to keep in mind come next fall. Good luck.

5. Strongmd

Strongmd Member

I'm in Andover. We're 100% residential. I pay a percent of your gross and it generally ends up being $60-$130/hr when all is said and done. Roughly 4-6 hours per rotation and one rotation for each 6-7". In a large storm we may make 2 or 3 passes/rotations. My thing is that people have to commit to me for a route for the whole winter.

6. josolar

josolar Junior Member
    from Mass

Thanks for the replies. Stongmg your proposal sounds alright. I assume that is using my truck. You should send an email to josolar@colby-sawyer.edu with your contact information. This is my final semester of college, so I will be available next season. I should mention I have minimul amount of time working with a plow. I have plowed for a total of 2 hrs. helping a friend, but was in the truck observing for a good 5 hrs. I am more then willing to be trained. I have a small lawn mowing service and have not been able to offer plowing in the past due to my obligation to school. I have no plowing accounts now, so there would be no interferences if I were to work for you. I am 22, responsable, and dedicated. Let me know. Do you know the Breen's? I am good friends with a family member, and know they do alot of plowing around there. I believe they do mostly roads though. Just thought I'd throw that out there. Thanks. Hope to hear from you soon.
    Josh Solar