1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Auxillary Power

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by PrecisionS&I, Jan 11, 2015.

1. PrecisionS&I

PrecisionS&I Member
    from Ohio

The other day I had to disconnect my battery and when I went to reconnect it I had to fight with all of the leads for plow, lights etc. going to the positive terminal. It got me thinking is there a way that I could run a power supply from the positive terminal with the same gauge wire as the power cable to a block that I then could run all of my lights and axillary power from.

Thanks.

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Are you running dual batts? What truck? What batt are you running now?

3. PrecisionS&I

PrecisionS&I Member
    from Ohio

I have 3 trucks with single batteries and 2 trucks with 3 batteries each. Im just looking to see if there is a way to have a power block that say a 4 gauge wire comes to from the battery and then I can run all of my 10-14 gauge wire from to lights and such.

4. PrecisionS&I

PrecisionS&I Member
    from Ohio

I just hate having 15 wires coming off the positive battery terminal.

5. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Don't see why not. What about one of those 50_200 amp circuit breakers?
    I installed one of those on the hot rod, it's a main power junction box and the main disconnect.

6. gsphunter

gsphunter Junior Member

You can definitely do that. I worked on a buddy's 2001 or so Chevy the other day and it had a factory block set up like that.

My Polaris ranger also has the same thing. Better than running straight from the battery, you could splice into an ignition signaled wire, that way you can run all your wiring there instead of running back to an ignition controlled fuse. If you do some looking around on Google, you would see how the Rangers are set up.

7. nethel

nethel Junior Member