1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Auxilary lights switch?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by BBailey, Feb 8, 2007.

1. BBailey

BBailey Junior Member
    from Vermont

My buddy has a 2002 Chevy K-2500 HD Xtra cab that has a Auxiliary Light Switch on the dash. He was wondering if he could hook up his strobe lights on his roof to this switch. If so where are the wires located? Are they above the headliner in the back or does he have to remove the third brake light to access the wires? Any help would be appreciated as I am not familiar with GM pickups. Thanks in advance!!!

2. lieutlamson

lieutlamson Member

If you pull down the headliner in the passenger side a little you can access the wires. They are taped up to the roof. You can either drill a hole, run them out the rear third brake light or do like I did and chase the wire down the B post to the floor and ran the wire through the plug in the floor.