1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Auxilaiary Light 07 GMC

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by Green Feet, Nov 16, 2007.

1. Green Feet

Green Feet Member

I recently bought an 07 GMC 2500 HD NBS Ext Cab with the Plow Prep Pkg. I am planning on using a Mini Lightbar with a magnet mount. I did a search about the wiring harness and found that they related to earlier models. Does anyone know whether the 07 NBS is essentially the same aside from the change in location of the switch.

2. rcpd34

rcpd34 Senior Member
    from MD

Yes, that is my understanding. It's why you can't order a snow plow prep and a sunroof.

3. BlueLine Ent

BlueLine Ent Senior Member

I find that hard to believe because the wire for the roof light goes down the rear pillar of the cab and not across the roof, as do any overhead console and mirror lights go down the front A pillar.

4. rcpd34

rcpd34 Senior Member
    from MD

It also goes across the roof. It terminates in the middle. Silly reason, but that's what I was told by the GM rep.

5. scottL

scottL PlowSite.com Addict

When I pulled the plastic cover with the dome lights and switch I found the entire bundle wrapped up and right there ... it was by no means strung through the entire roof liner to the back window.

6. BlueLine Ent

BlueLine Ent Senior Member

Well apparently your GM rep:jester: is good at off the cuff BS:nono: because its completely not true.

7. rcpd34

rcpd34 Senior Member
    from MD

No one said anything about the rear window. Mine was along the right side and over to the middle.

8. blackdogdm

blackdogdm Junior Member

2007 chevy 2500HD Crew

The wire for the plow prep was bundled in the upper console by the front dome light. I found this out after I already pulled the whole left side of the headliner down. The dealer service department thought it would be over the drivers head or by the center pillar. The wire is only about 3' feet long and doesn't even reach to the drivers side door. I had to splice in and extend the wire by 3-4' feet to reach the rear brake/cargo light.