1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

aux trans cooler

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by johnslawn, Sep 6, 2010.

1. johnslawn

johnslawn Member
    from ma

I have spent time looking and reading about auxiliary transmission coolers. my trk does have an external one from factory, temps when plowing sometimes push towards 200 210. not often but it has.
    should I install another one? like b&m stacked.
    if so,what size? truck is 2006 6.0. w/plow/tow prep. Also i installed a imperial brand, (advance auto parts store) severe duty fan clutch, did i do wrong on that choice?
  2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

200*-210* on occasion isn't extreme. If it generally runs in the 180* range under most conditions otherwise it's fine. If it was running 210* or more consistently then yes you'd want more cooler. Or if your just want to be preemptive you can add more cooler anyway and a stacked plate is the right choice. Brand isn't critical because they're all manufactured by Long/Tru-Cool anyway, including the factory cooler that's on there now. Just go to a larger one such as one of their 8 1/4" X 11" X 1 1/2" coolers. That one will cool any 4L80E trans out there and if you search the net plenty of places carry Tru-Cool.

Clutch fan clutch choice was fine. :salute: