1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Aux reverse lights

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by legendbridges, Jan 20, 2009.

1. legendbridges

legendbridges Junior Member

I am trying to hook up reverse lights on my back rack. I know this has been covered before. Where is the best place to tie into the factory reverse light wire. I have a 2002 Chevy 2500 HD. Do you find the trailer wires that run under the bed? Do you find it right out of the fuse box? Any help please. Thanks in advance. Any pics or diagrams would be great...
  2. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

I think the actual switch is on the tranny, but I am not sure. Others may have more experience to confirm. I believe the reverse light wire is light green. You could follow the harness from the back of the truck to the transmission and tap in there. After saying all that - if it were me, I would wire the lights to a switch on the dash. That way you can leave them on all the time when you are plowing. It is really nice to have light behind you all the time. I think I can plow faster this way too. Plus you don't have to worry about overloading the reverse switch or curcuit.
  3. johnslawn

johnslawn Member
    from ma

Under brake master cyl group of wires with snap connections. thin green wire is reverse. do a search on install with 3 way switch and a relay. you can turn lights off, on, or w/reverse.
    Or, trailer harness if you have the round plug style. Center pin should be reverse.
  4. legendbridges

legendbridges Junior Member

Perfect that's what I needed to know... Thanks
  5. Philbilly2

Philbilly2 2000 Club Member

alot of 2500HD's have an aux harness just behind the cab, they are for if you have a slide in camper, if you have one, try there