1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Aux. fan

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by ScottyB., Jan 8, 2003.

1. ScottyB.

ScottyB. Member

I forget who’s idea this originally was, but I want to say thanks.
    I hooked up an auxiliary fan in front of my grille last night and it seems to work well. I ran the juice straight off the battery. Has anyone run this much draw through the fuse box? $12.00 in wire and switch beats $200 for a new radiator that works fine as long as the blade is down.
    It was 38 degrees last night and it dropped my temp. (with the blade up) considerably. It will be 50 degrees today so it will get the real test. THIS SUCKS. It’s January in WI, we should be –20F. Cold air out of Canada will be here by Sat. Let’s hope that helps.
    Happy plowing.
  2. OffRoadPlow

OffRoadPlow Senior Member

Good luck..

overheat with the plow up. I did not over heat when drove with in 3" lower, but that is not always an option, so I looked into a radiator fan. It attaches right to the radiator and kicks in when the temp starts to climb. If the air flector does not work, I would give this a try as well.

I am sure I was not the first, but it is really good advice. I had one on my last vehicle, and getting one for the truck I have now... they seem to do pretty good....