1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Aux battery

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by JimACM, Nov 16, 2011.

1. JimACM

JimACM Junior Member

I am getting a new pro plow series 2 mounted on my truck next week and am wondering what type of connector is on the ends of the wires that connect to the battery. I bought the gm tray and will get another battery . I found the same battery that I have is available with top and side connections (4). I will put my side terminal battery in the new tray and put the new battery that has top and side posts in the oem spot . What I need to know is ,I can make up new cables to connect the batteries but don't know if I should connect them with a longer bolt and leave the top posts free for the plow or does the plow cable have the gm side type lugs on it ? truck is a 2004 2500 Silverado
    Thanks for any help. Jim
  2. Plow man Foster

Plow man Foster PlowSite.com Addict

Regular battery connections.. That connect directly to the terminals...
    As long as both batteries are connected you will be fine.
    Are you sure you need 2 batteries though?!?!?!

My buddy literally reverses the winch electrical connecting (mounted in the back of his truck)
    and plugs in a deep cycle battery in the back of his bed that he runs his spreader off of and plugs into the winch connection plug which is connected to the trucks other battery. Nice setup! Didnt require him getting a new tray or anything.

Only reason he got it was because his headlights kept dimming whenever he moved his plow.
  3. JimACM

JimACM Junior Member

I would rather just get it done so the plow will perform better . So are you saying that the ends of the western wires that connect to the battery have the normal clamp on terminals and not the GM style side post terminals ??
  4. Plow man Foster

Plow man Foster PlowSite.com Addict

I have all boss plows and my plows i think have a O ring battery connection. And just slide under the POSS. Bolt/ nut

Your AUX battery shouldnt have anything connected to it except for the other battery.