1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Aux Battery on 2004 Silverado

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by jmassi, Feb 27, 2004.

1. jmassi

jmassi Senior Member

Here's my question. I have a 2004 Silverado 1500 Z71 4x4 and I want to add an auxiliary battery. Is it possible to do this? If so, what do I need, how do I go about doing it? Any input is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance, guys!!:D
  2. calhoun

calhoun Senior Member

easiest way is have the dealer do it. 2 different dual battery options are available.

TP2 is just another battery hooked to the existing one.

8BO is another battery but hooked up with an isolator this lets it charge but not draw down the main battery, so you can run it down and still start the truck.

Which system depends on what you need the 2nd battery for.

If you are doing it yourself at least get the factory mounting tray.
  3. Robhollar

Robhollar Senior Member

Go get the tray that would be used for a diesel motor. It makes it real easy to do that way, but be warned it isnt cheep...Rob
  4. karl klein

karl klein Senior Member

chevy offers dual batteries on the new 2004's so i would have the dealer get you the parts and wiring kit
  5. jmassi

jmassi Senior Member

Thanks guy. I'll call my dealer and check into prices.