1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

aux back lighting?

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by Burkartsplow, Dec 29, 2008.

1. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

i wired two 55 watt lights to the back of my truck with a 20 amp fuse and a rocker switch that can handle 2 lights up to 100 watts each. i want to put two more 55 watt flood lights off this wire.do I need to get a heavier duty rocker switch and put a larger fuse on it? or add a relay? if anyone has a setup with 4 55 watt lights please tell me what they did. thanks

2. russ130

russ130 Senior Member

well if you go with a relay and run a nice heavy gauge wire from the battery to ithe relay and the the same heavy gauge wire to your lights, your lights will be the brightest they can get. You will also not burn up your switch this way.

3. Fiafighterdude

Fiafighterdude Senior Member
    from ME

i seconed that :drinkup:

4. Dissociative

Dissociative 2000 Club Member

4 55's are gonna be damn near 20 amps....

now, some rockers handle 20 amps fine....but need at least a 12g input from battery but prefer 2 12g for 4 lights.

if it's the heavy duty kind, upgrade fuse to 25amps, and go.....otherwise relay it