1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Automatixx™ Attachment System Simplifies Hookup on New Line of SnowEx® Snowplows

Discussion in 'SnowEx Products' started by Michael J. Donovan, Mar 24, 2015.

1. Michael J. Donovan

Michael J. Donovan Head Moderator, Online Communities Staff Member

Automatixx™ Attachment System Simplifies Hookup on New Line of SnowEx® Snowplows​

MADISON HEIGHTS, Mich. – The Automatixx power-assisted attachment system is an exclusive new feature for simplified snowplow hookup. Standard on the new line of SnowEx truck-mounted plows, this system provides quick, easy plow attachment to help users spend less time setting up and more time plowing.

The Automatixx attachment system uses a simple process, which can be completed entirely from the driver’s side of the vehicle. First, the plow’s wiring harness must be plugged into the truck. Then, the operator activates the power-assist switches that automatically pull up the stand while attaching the plow. The final step is to engage a pin lever, which secures the plow on the truck, making it ready for operation.

The Automatixx attachment system is found on SnowEx POWER PLOW™, SPEEDWING™, Heavy-Duty, Regular-Duty and Light-Duty snowplow models. The system includes removable receiver brackets, which provide exceptional ground clearance when the plows are detached from the truck.

“This is just one example of innovation in the new line of SnowEx plows,” said Michael Frank, SnowEx Product Marketing Manager. “The Automatixx attachment system helps save time in an industry where every minute counts.”

SnowEx Snow and Ice Control Equipment is proud to be a part of Douglas Dynamics, North America’s premier manufacturer of vehicle attachments and equipment and home to the most trusted brands in the industry. For more than 65 years, the Company has been innovating products that not only enable people to perform their jobs more efficiently and effectively, but also enable businesses to increase profitability. For more information, visit www.snowexproducts.com.

2. BDT

BDT Junior Member

Works awesome, too.

3. Hysert

Hysert PlowSite.com Addict

My question would be... Are the mount spacing samce a western? And would the snowex plow electrical hookup be compatible with western wiring? I would like to get a 86-11! We currently run all western ultra mounts and I was Hoping that I could buy the plow and the receivers and mount to my western mount and electrical..

4. nealybird

nealybird Senior Member

Hi guys. Yes, good news. We have preseason order sheets for Snowex plows, and from those I can tell that all the mounts are the same as Western's. All the part numbers are the same. That would be different than the Blizzard PH2 mounts, where some kits were exactly the same as Western and some were slightly different.

Also, yes all the wiring parts are the same as Western/Blizzard/Fisher fleet flex.