1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Automatic Hub swap

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by al2275, Nov 7, 2005.

1. al2275

al2275 Junior Member
    from NJ

Hey Guys, Does anyone know how difficult it is to change from auto hubs to manual hubs on a 94 F150? I have become a master at swapping Autoamtic Hubs, Done so many times. I want to stop wasting money! Also if you do, what brand do you reccomend, or is that a ford part? Thanks Again

2. Team_Yamaha

Team_Yamaha Senior Member

They aren't that hard just a couple of snap rings, the hub, and a gear assembly. I put Superwinch hubs on my 94 F150 and 97 F350. I have never had a problem with them. Warn, and Milemarker premium hubs are also good brand

3. Plow Meister

Plow Meister PlowSite.com Addict

Yup. Piece of cake. Don't even have to take the tires off. I can do it in about 10 minutes per side now. Super easy!

4. 84deisel

84deisel Senior Member

"Yup. Piece of cake. Don't even have to take the tires off. I can do it in about 10 minutes per side now. Super easy! "
    ditto :)

5. KenG

KenG Senior Member
    from MA

I'll agree. They don't take long to swap out.

A good set of manual hubs from Warn, Superwinch, or MileMarker will install easily, and give you the peace-of-mind knowing that when you lock them, they are definitely locked.