1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Auto zones

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by straightlinelan, Nov 1, 2013.

1. straightlinelan

straightlinelan Member

Has anyone done plowing for auto zones? I have talked and bidded them. They seem interested but the regional says they are not allowed to sign contracts. Only ones authorized are corporate officers. After checking the internet, that is actually true according to their employee code of conduct. So do I pursue or am I just a glutten for punishment looking to get stiffed? Or worse yet, make my lawyer rich? Let me know your experience and/or advice.
  2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Use to do one. Each plow stopped in and manager grabbed 50 out of the til.
  3. framer1901

framer1901 Senior Member

I remember them paying as you plowed, PITA in my opinion. When it's like that, contract really doesn't matter, they would only owe you at most one plow.

For their own liability sake, seems odd but es como es.
  4. Metro Lawn

Metro Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

I do 9 of them. Each location pays cash each time we plow it. I love customers like that.
  5. Glenn Lawn Care

Glenn Lawn Care Senior Member

I used to do 3 of them and they pay cash after each push.
  6. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Best thing about that deal was,if something happened i was never there.
  7. Rat_Power_78

Rat_Power_78 Senior Member

Used to plow one here. Never an issue getting paid, always thought it was wierd when they would open the register to pay me but its hard to argue with cash.
  8. Dogplow Dodge

Dogplow Dodge 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

You guys are kidding about Autozone's paying in cash, right ????

9. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

I did one and it was cash

I love the cash jobs no paper work on them
  10. Fatality

Fatality Senior Member

We do 2 and yes they pay cash after each plow.
  11. NickT

NickT Senior Member

I did advance auto and they always paid cash too, but they kept a paper trail and would 1099 me at the end of the year