1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Auto Tcase fluid

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by MTC, Mar 21, 2011.

1. MTC

MTC Junior Member

Hi all new to plow site, but have learned alot over the past year .I would like to know do i have to use gm,s auto transfer case fluid or is there something else ot there. Could i use dextron iv.
  2. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

GM's own blue juice only.
  3. Detroitdan

Detroitdan PlowSite.com Addict

it depends on what vehicle we are talking about. I dont see anything in your sig. Mine all take Dextron atf
  4. MTC

MTC Junior Member

Im new to this, did not give enought info.This plow truck is my frist with the push button t/case.Truck is 2004 gm 1500/4.8,4l60 auto. do i just bite the bullit and by the blue juice or is there any after market oil i can use,i only run synthic i all my stuff
  5. 06Sierra

06Sierra PlowSite.com Addict
    from Maine

You can run synthetic in everything but the T case. That has to be the GM stuff. The floor shift is different, but the push button with 4auto needs the blue stuff.

OMGWTFBBQ Member

That is partially correct. If you have the Auto 4wd button, you need to use the blue juice to have that work correctly. I ran regular atf in mine and it worked just fine, but I never used the auto button. If it needs to be in 4wd, I'll put it there.

If you don't have the auto button, blue juice does nothing for you.